Wednesday, January 16, 2008

CRIME ON CANVAS KILOWATT Vol. 2 / EVENT UPDATE!

GIANT GHETTO BLASTER WILL SET THE STAGE!
We have just added a very special feature to the stage of the Crime On Canvas Kilowatt event that you will have to see to believe. We will be doing a set design for the DJ booth that will be a giant 20ft x 10ft ghetto blaster with a cut-out for the DJ booth that will be 4ft x 3ft. We also have some other great surprises in store so stay tuned!

DESIGN NOTES
I started by illustrating this entire thing in Adobe Illustrator almost entirely from scratch (some of the little icons were iStock illustrations). From there, the background and all of the ghetto blaster parts were imported into Photoshop as 2 separate layers. I then put a brushed steel background image on top of both layers separately. By doing this I was able to get 2 different levels of the brushed steel on each layer to give it more depth and some texture variation.

Ghetto blaster illustration and design by Nathan Charles AKA DJ Sensé

1 comment:

mmasher said...

Will it fit on my shoulder and match my gold chain? I may have to get a platinum chain and grill to match. :) Nice work!